Slowly but surely...

It's been a few weeks so I figured I could give you all an update.

So... basically things have been progressing slowly, but it's looking good. He's started coming up and talking to me every time he sees me at church, which makes me happy. I kinda tested that a little bit last Thursday.

My brother and I went to church last Thursday night -- my brother went for geek game night and I went for volleyball. Well... we got there and I saw his car parked outside the stage door. So of course, I couldn't focus on volleyball at ALL. I finally gave up and tried to get into the sanctuary to listen/watch worship practice -coughwatchhimpracticecough-. Sadly the doors were locked, so I spent about an hour just watching through the crack in the doors. Which was ridiculously frustrating; I don't think I've ever been so mad at locked doors before. Anyway, I finally said screw it and just went in through the stage door from outside and sat down on the wall by the stage. After a while, he finally saw me and waved. They still had about 20 minutes or so of practice left, but I waited it out and as soon as they were done he came over and sat down next to me and we talked. He went back up on stage for a bit to jam some TSO with John (the worship pastor), and I moved to a chair. He came back over and we talked until John turned out the lights, at which point I was like "I think that's a hint to leave..."

So I'm still impatient, but I'm about 99% sure he likes me now. And it makes me really happy that he's been coming to talk to me at church, even if it means coming down off the stage as soon as worship practice is over before service (which he did a couple weeks ago). It was actually really funny, I went to a retreat this past weekend so I wasn't at church, but my mommy called me Saturday night to inform me of two events:
1) He came in and said hello to her, very politely.
2) The worship pastor's wife asked my mommy what was going on between him and me. My mommy said we're just checking each other out, and I guess that makes complete sense and we have a lot more in common than I know so far. So I'm excited about that.

THEN. Sunday night.
He said a couple things which made me kinda go "Ok, did you really just say that to me in front of other people?" (In a good way.) But anyway, we left at the same time and he was walking SO slowly down the stairs in front of me, and when we got down to the parking lot we both just kinda... stopped moving. Until Kyle came out and cracked a joke. But it was all good. I spazzed a bit in the car before I left, and then went home.

SO. This weekend should be interesting, yes? :)
September 30th, 2011 at 05:16am