The Retreat, Anchor, Camp, Weekend, "Weekend"... Whatever You Wanna Call 'em

My first journal entry was about God-Squad Camp, my doubts, worries, pessimistic views and concerns about it. As my follow up I'm going to write about the cold, hard reality.....
It was amazing!
At the camp venue there were trampolines, rope courses, the giant swing and a bungee trampoline and every "weekend" they change the venue. I put weekend into inverted commas because this time it really wasn't a weekend - it spanned from Wednesday to Friday. However, the still called it a Weekend. Actually, there were plenty of other names for it as well. I heard some people saying that this was there first "anchor" or how great these "retreats" were. I called it either camp or "weekend" since that made the most sense for me.
The weekends aim is to get the younger generation feeling the grace and love of Jesus Christ and so forth. Every weekend there are different themes and the team members explore into the topic so deeply but manages not to phase you by presenting their findings in such a cool, laid back, fun way - like having a brother, similar relative to a priest, perform a rap song for us! That was gold.
This "weekend's" theme was LOVE! For me, being one hundred per cent completely "obliged" to writing love stories, this was just some crazy coincidence (see what I did there?). A coincidence that worked out for a greater good. I learnt so much, felt so many different emotions that it was overwhelming and made me realise that no matter what the age we are all equals in some way or the other. And for the first time I knew I hadn't already learnt the point of the lecture the hard way, instead feel like it was directed at myself in this utterly discreet manner.
I'm not saying that I'm this completely devoted catholic, now that loves Jesus and claims that he's the only one for me, which I truthfully am not. I mean, I still don't believe like my parents think I should. I still don't, willingly, go to Church and pray twice a day, like how we brush our teeth. And want to keep up these Christian practices. But I feel like I've opened up my mind to so many new possibilities .
Yes, I have changed. I'm no longer in this destructive state where hatred just burns within me but I calmer and able to take a breath with a clean conscious. I now just want to get out there and be the best person I can. I want to show and receive affection, I want to take part in immense friendships and one day I want to experience unconditional love.
Greek: Philia - friendship, Storge - affection, Agape - unconditional love.
That's all I think you need to know, I guess. If there are questions and what not, feel free to comment on this, comment on my profile, inbox me or add me to your friends, whatever contact on mibba you prefer to use. I don't care, really. Anyway...
Thanks for reading,
Lynette xx

P.S: Socially? I made heaps of new friends and no one hated me or thought me weird. I also figured out that some people there were there for a "reason"...
September 30th, 2011 at 11:19am