An Interesting Journey this Will be

I just recently got back in contact with my best friend of 6 years after she moved to Los Angeles, California. She caught me up on all she could on the little time she has to talk to me, and one of those things happened to be that she's getting married...
Well, at first the date they had set was much too soon for someone like me to ever even imagine I could go, and honestly, I was heart-broken. Kelly and I have always been really close and I never expected that I could miss her wedding. But she told me not long afterward that they had set the date back to February.

I know it is still really close by, but I am going to do everything in my power to make enough money to go see her. I thought of selling things I don't want on E-bay, that wouldn't make much, but my original idea was that my family might lend me some that they made off of other things in the house and then most of us could go. That whole family idea was thrown out quite quickly though, my mother doesn't believe we can come up with enough money in time and therefore, doesn't want to help me at all.
So, I've come up with more ideas, I'm going to try my best to get a job (My first job) at a restaurant/convenience store around here. My boyfriend said that I could have my schedule match his and that way he could drive me to work and back. Luckily, he knows the owner as-well, so it's not as random an idea as it may have first sounded. I know if I get that job and don't spend any of the money at all, then I might be able to have enough by February. But there is no promise I can get that job...And there is only really one other job option I could go for. Either way, we'll see how that turns out. My boyfriend knows a lot of people in town and he knows how much this means to me, so he promised he'd do his best.

While I'm waiting on hearing back about the job, my mom has promised me that she will teach me to embroidery, and I will practice on that a while, and if I get good enough; I will start customizing jeans and selling them. I am determined to find some way to make it to Los Angeles, California by February. And if I do make it, it will be my first time there or anywhere near that size; for that matter.

If I do end up making it, I will be seeing 2 of my best long-distance friends, and we'll see if I can't squeeze in a visit to Jay Leno's show ;D

Whether or not I make the money in time, I will at least have a possible job experience and learned a lot of new things =)

Needless to say, I'm quite excited. Wish me luck, Mibba, I will most definitely need it.
October 1st, 2011 at 01:21am