Awesome Quotes

Sometimes people say things that just make you laugh. Or perhaps they make you think. I will add to this as great quotes and conversations come up.

(we are at a baseball game and its the bottom of the second)
Me: Why is everyone leaving?
Friend: It's the great migration!

(my sister and I are walking together, and somehow get on the subject of puberty, she is 12 and does not yet understand everything about male puberty)
My sister: Guys have it way easier. All they have to go through are a couple ups and downs!
Me: What was implied by that statement?
My sister: OH YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT!

(my friend and I were in starbucks and I had gotten a frappucino and didnt want my mom to know)
Me: For the record I never had this drink. I don't want my mom to know I had it.
Friend: What drink?
Me: This drink.
Friend: What drink?
Me: THIS DRINK!
Friend: What drink?
Me: THE DRINK RIGHT IN FRONT OF...oh I see what your doing!

(my little sister and I walk into our community clubhouse. My dad is on the board of directors for the community)
My Sister: We should be respected figures here!

(my little sister learned about the war between mexico and france. she wakes up on Cinco de Mayo)
My sister: Bonjour Mexicans

(my cousins were arguing and my older cousin wanted to stop the argument)
Cousin: GO EAT SOUP!

(I was doing something and clearly my younger cousin didn't approve)
Cousin: Why would you do that?
Me: Whatever floats my boat!
Cousin: Actually...THAT boat sank!

(my older cousin and I were locked in a closet together and my younger cousin wouldnt let us out)
Me: When we get out of the closet we can say we came out of the closet!!!!!!

(my cousin and I were playing mario cart. I suck at it)
Cousin: HEY! You made me crash because I was looking at you and laughing!

(my sister and I are in the car and I'm complaining about my knee)
Sister: Oh yeah? Well my HEAD hurts!!!!!!!
Me: You want me to make it hurt better?????

(I lightly bop my sister on the head with a workbook)
Sister: OW!!! I feel a concussion coming on!!!

(theres really no good explanation)
Friends mom: It's probably in the knife drawer.
Me: You have a knife drawer?...We just keep our knives in the vegetable drawer...Wait...

(my sister and my mom were talking)
Sister: Mommy I'm gonna be a goat when I grow up!
Mom: I definitely don't want any of your milk...

(my mother was in the middle of our lesson (we homeschool) and all of the sudden she says...)
Mom: If unicorns were real do you think people would eat them...Why is it socially unacceptable to eat a horse...Do you think they (horses) would taste good...I wonder if manatee would taste good...

(We were in the car with my friend and we see a dead raccoon,,,then we realize it's not dead...I'm paraphrasing on this one)
Friend: I have NEVER seen a dead animal move before!

(We are getting ready to see Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors)
Me: MOM! CAN I WEAR MY SPIDER TIGHTS?
Mom: No...I don't think so
Me:But its SHAKESPEARE! He's weird!
Mom: Fine. BUT you have to wear a top that makes sense. And no fluorescent yellow and purple socks.
Me(gives mom a strange look) OH! I do own those!
Mom: Exactly!
October 1st, 2011 at 05:32pm