The Metaphorical Black Sheep

Five years is a long time to be somewhere you don't know anything about. I'm going to be moving to Alaska soon with my mom and it's a very scary thought to me.

Yes I'll be, hopefully, doing a road trip and be getting to see my boyfriend and him buy me a tattoo that I'll forever cherish, but five years in a place I've been too yeah, but it'll be far away from the once upon a time home that I had as a child.

I'll be moving to Anchorage, Alaska which is still a good distance away from Fairbanks, Alaska where I grew up for a little while. It'll be new territory and new scenery and whole new people that I won't know. At least here in Tennessee I have family!

I know I could choose to stay here, but I honestly think I have the travelling blood in me like my Mom and Dad do, but mine's not as flowing as their's is. I've come to realize that everyone, but my Mom, Dad, Brother, and I like staying in a tight knit area where everyone is within relative driving distance that they could see each other.

Apparently myself, Mom and Brother are the metaphorical black sheep's of the family. We're not like the rest of the flock and we like doing our own things, the sheep dog doesn't pay us any mind and we don't acknowledge it.

Well, anyway, we just like doing our own things, but we involuntarily worry our other family because of our distance away.

Oh well, what can we do?

I guess we'll be stuck as the metaphorical black sheeps of the family until we die.
October 2nd, 2011 at 05:40am