Katsumi Tells All: Horror Part 4 And A Brand New Short List Of The Really Long List I Didn't Post

Image

Okay guys its that time again and I’ve a small does of Horror and List for ya I’m not really where Im going with this one I mean I’ve covered a lot of the basics but I don’t think I’ve covered in detail some of the atuff I’d like to so I think that’s what I’m going to do is just cover one small thing and give you a list of all typs of movies I’m going to review or have reviewed, and I’m still taking request for all movies it doesn’t have to be Horror but I’d like you to give me Horror related stuff I mean I’ll do other stuff but you wont get a review of it till after October.

Found Footage & Ghost & Exorcism Movies

So I know most of you are late nineties or early 2000’s kids and when you think of found footage and ghost films really what prolly comes to your mind is the most recent film of that type of thing and that’s Paranormal Activity, Insidious, The Last Exorcism.

But before them films there was their predecessors and before their was the 80’s and what originated these films we have to which are all very good decent films well except for the latter which I’ll speak about in a moment. But the films that started these now more then ever popular trends I’m hoping the later of the films fade out and quickly.

So though a lot of you might not think of it now but back in the 80’s a film called Texas Chainsaw Massacre was born and its highly known as being a slasher film mostly because it spawned a nasty bunch of sequels but the original which I’m sorry I just realized it wasn’t an 80’s film it was made in 1974 my bad so used to most movies being in the 80’s… Any way the Original is the first that I know of, of the found footage films.

You maybe going WTF right now but seriously think about it the whole bases for the film is not just true story but based on what was found that the vic’s left behind so yes TCM is the first of the found footage films

Next on the list is ghost films and I could be wrong about this but since I’m not sure of the date or which film came first I’m going to say that both these films came out around the same time I actually do think they came out with in a year or two of each other so I’m going to say the films that started the ghost craze are:

Amityville Horror which is about a family who moves in to a house after the family before it was murder and the only suspect in the crime Ronnie the only survivor claims voices and ghost told him to do it, when the new family movies in they start seeing ghost and the dad starts experiencing the same thing as the guy who lived there before did and no one can bless or come near the house if their a child of god.

The second film who is here is Poltergeist its got sort of the same premise only there was no murder or a huanted house well they make you it’s the house but later on they make it an under tone of the film that it’s the people not the house as the spirts keep following this family every time they move and even when they camp out in a hotel the spirts are still with them so through each sequel its evident that it’s the people and not the house. The original one is probably is the most terrifying and scary of them all as it invols a clown doll, some angry sprits.

And now number three of the typs of films Exorcism, of course I’m sure no matter who you are everyone knows the starter of this trend back in its hay day and a few bad sequels was an always will be the Exorcist, which is about Regan a young child who gets possed by a Demon who in later films we are told goes by the name Pazuzu in this film though we see her walk down the stairs backwards on all fours, a spinning head, split pea soup and terribly horrible act done with a cross if you don’t know what I’m talking about well I sure aint ganna tell you and if you have to ask you prolly shouldn’t watch this film.

The Request

Carnage I didn't get to even attempt a review of this film I cant find it anywhere online and that makes me sad, sorry I tried

The Fly

Atrocious

Diary of the Dead ((I have decided I'm going to do the whole Dead series and eventually the Dawn Of The Dead and Land Of The Dead Remake))

Dead Set

Shutter ((I’m currently getting ready to watch this film its almost finished buffering and then I should have this review up late tonight or when I get up tomarow))

The Hitcher


Other Films Which To Review

Day Breakers

Eclips ((Yeah yeah I know I shouldn’t include this but I’m a year late with the review))

Under World 4 ((When it comes out))

The Crazies

Zombie land ((AWESOME)) I might be able to turn that in to 100 words


Okay guys there are a lot more films I want to list but I’m worried if I gave you my whole list it would be a freaking Spam Journal and I’m pretty good bout not spaming at least I think and I’m getting a wee bit tired..

I’m still actually feeling kind of down and like I’m wasting my time writing these I don’t know I just don’t feel tight I guess maybe I’m just having an off night so give me a good Horror story please or something to cheer me up.
October 2nd, 2011 at 06:24am