Grandpa<3

I am exceedingly joyous to say that I am his granddaughter. Now he rests, in a place far better than here. He passed with peace as he slept. There's a photograph of him, eating fire on the bob hope show back in the day, that was scanned onto Facebook that my siblings and I kept sharing around. It is among the great many that could be easily and readily found in my grandparents’ Arizona home. I wish I could have atleast visited him once more, for now it will be a long, long time before I see him again. Even though I only was able to visit three times in the expanse of my seventeen years, I am ever so grateful for those times. I loved walking around the home. I loved the old, ashtray scent and going outside for fresh air when Grandpa decided to “light up” in the house. I loved how he was so comforting when I felt so terrible for breaking one of his glass momentos of magicianship. I loved looking at all the memorabilia on the brick walls of the house. I am saddened that I couldn’t tell him about my favorite picture on the wall…of him sitting with great stature, as a majestic man in a black and white photo of some telecast, cigarette in hand. I loved how he told stories. He made them seem so surreal and movie-like. I could see them happening before my eyes. I will forever play piano because of him. I think he would want me to never, ever quit…

——

grandpa, you will be missed. thanks for everything. rest in peace.

love, hannah rose.
October 3rd, 2011 at 12:29am