LIGHTS_SIBERIA

As some of you may know, the electro artist, LIGHTS came out with a new album today! I bought it today and have been listening to it on repeat ever since.

The songs on this album consist of what is probably the most original sound I have ever heard. With dubstep elements and LIGHTS' harmonic voice, I'm almost at lost for words. ALMOST.

The lyrics are uplifting and hopeful. I'm generally a really, really depressed person but after listening to these songs I feel almost euphoric. Just genuinely happy. I love the lyrics. They're so upbeat. I'm used to listening to artists singing about heartbreak and tragedy but this... This is the exact opposite.

Now, the sound definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea. You either love it or you hate it. And it's definitely not something you can adjust to right away (Unless you're used to a sort of gritty sound). It took me a few listens to actually enjoy Everybody Breaks a Glass.

This music is definitely way different than her previous album, The Listening. You can tell just by ear that she's matured as an artist and a person with Siberia. She isn't that blooming artist that wanted to sleep among the stars anymore. LIGHTS has recreated herself.

With the change of her music came the change of her fashion, too. I wish I could say that I liked the headband phase. Her new clothing choice is definitely a lot more preferable to me. Something that I can easily look up to. And from what I've seen, a lot of others look to her as as style icon as well.

In summary, I love the new album. It's a catchy, gritty sound that I just can't get enough of. Has anyone else listened to it yet? Is anyone else a fan? If so, give me your feed back! I'd love to read it and I love talking to other LIGHTS fans.
October 5th, 2011 at 06:59am