Please, I Want To Go To School, Stop Asking for Interveiws.

Ever since homecoming, things have gotten really crazy for me. If you read my last journal, I was (shockingly) crowned homecoming queen, and kicked the winning field goal at the homecoming game, against Grand Blank who is rated number seven in the state of Michigan.
So it all started when the local news wanted to do a story on me, so I'm thinking 'Okay, cool! I get to be on the news. This should be fun!' so I did it and didn't think it would be a big deal.
I guess I was wrong, I've been getting calls and stuff for interviews everywhere. I got to have my own interview on the Today show recently, which was super cool. But I've decided I don't want to do anymore. I turned down an interview in New York City, because I'm done with all the attention.
I go to school now and I get praised like I'm some, god or something. I'm sick of it. My friend Julia told me I'm crazy not to go to New York, do you think that's true? Don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for getting praise for it but its gotten out of hand. So what? I'm a girl who's on the football team. I don't see why that makes me New York Times worthy.
Any input? I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! Have a great one!
October 5th, 2011 at 09:27pm