I'm Wondering if They're Just Gonna Disown Me

So as some of you know, my parents have been wanting me to move back to Montana since my fiance broke off our engagement. I have explained to them that I want to stay because I actually do like it here. Well for them that isn't good enough. I also pointed out that I do have a job (not a career, but it's something to pay bills) and that I feel this is where I need to be.

They completely disagree with me and think that I'm making the worst mistake in my life and that something really bad is gonna happen to make me regret that I'm down here and that they'll be here for me but that I'm not being fair to them because they'll have to sacrifice to come down here to be with me if something terrible happens.

Oh and I also got called the most selfish/childish/immature person my step-father has ever met and considering one of my step-sisters...that hurt. Yeah, they had me crying earlier. (Go figure). I mean I love them. I really do. And I understand that they want what is best for me, but at the same time, I wish that they would just look beyond themselves and stop trying to guilt me into going back. It's not fair.

Too bad they don't see it that way. They think I won't make it and my step-dad thinks that I'll never come back (lie I'm going to visit at Christmas) and my mom thinks that I'll never be happy or able to live a real life unless I go back to Montana and "face my demons". I can't see that. I know that she believes that I'm mad at her and that things happened to me there that I won't admit to, but that's not true. And I'm not running. I've stopped running and I don't want to start again.

If only they could see that.

Oh well, things will really get interesting once my step-sister Laura tells them that she is considering leaving Montana after she gets her associates in business so she can go to a culinary school that isn't at a community college. (And this might have something to do with the fact that we've been talking about her moving down here to Texas mostly because she would like the weather, access to bigger cities and more cuisine options).

So yeah, c'est la vie.

Why does it suck?
October 6th, 2011 at 01:12pm