RIP Steve Jobs

I was seriously shocked when I found the CNBC special about Steve Jobs on the home page of Hulu. He was such an important figure and shaper of life and culture in America as we know it and my generation. In aspects and influences of our lives from Finding Nemo to smart phones, he was a key figure in making those products come to life.
The success of the Apple products in one of the huge influences on my choice to major in either computer engineering or computer programming. I hope I can be a part of a company in seven years that can make products that make at least half the impact and cult status that Apple has made.

When Mr. Jobs resigned from Apple a couple months ago and the stock market went crazy, I was pretty annoyed at how insensitive all that must have been to him and his friends and family. "Really," I thought, "Just because he is taking a break, people think it automatically means he's going to die."
But I guess another reason why I was annoyed was because I didn't think he would die of cancer so soon. He was rich. Rich people has access to so much more, don't they? Couldn't his wealth have bought him at least fifteen more years?
I guess this of one of those moments when people realize that death comes to the poor and wealthy alike.

RIP, Steve Jobs.
October 6th, 2011 at 01:29pm