Ignorance is NOT bliss!!! Plz read.

I recently came across some comments on some websites and it made me feel very sad for our generation.

I wouldn't know if I should blame the media for over-exaturating the problems of Africa. Africa is one of the calmest places to stay in, I assure you compared to most countries of the world.

Yes, there are children/people who don't have food or the basic amenities to survive in the remote parts of Africa. But there are also these people in the US, UK, Russia and other parts of the world. If one has never been to Africa, you'd think it was made up of forests and animals who live side by side with the humans. The media takes the bad parts of Africa and displays it as every part of Africa.

It's kind of sad when I see people act so ignorant. They are fooling themselves. To answer the question that some of you may have been thinking, yes, I am African. :D It's been on my mind to write this for a very long time but I decided to write it now. (Though, this was written in a rush.) So, people of the world Africa is not, I don't know, bad. I've travelled to so many parts of the world and made so many friends but there's nothing like home.

Really, don't be ignorant. It doesn't help. We do the same things people in other parts of the world do. I know, surprising right? :| We listen to music, we eat food like burgers, fries....there are fast food restaurants in different countries. We also speak English, in case no one noticed. :D Just kidding. But really, don't rely on the media always, they don't always say the truth.

I like listening to rock and no, we don't think it's the devil's music or something like that. I like Panic! at the disco because I believe that I'm married to Brendon Urie, I love MCR, Alesana, A-A Rejects, Linkin Park...other artists Demi Lovato, Jonas Brothers, Lady Gaga. Really, we're humans. We go to schools here, go to cinemas, we do about everything every normal person likes to do. We have Apple products (RIP Steve)...you know where I'm going with this.

We don't live next to animals. We have houses that look like the ones you see in 90210 or other place. That is if you're good friends with money. :D

We don't eat people, I promise.

And for the record, Africa isn't a counrty. It's a continent. Don't believe me? Ask your history teacher. But seriously, let's try and not be ignorant. This is a new era, the newer the generation, the smarter the generation. I guess.

Just had to get that out.
Stay safe.
I also take Q & A sessions. lol.
October 7th, 2011 at 04:01pm