HOW Did You Miss That!?!?

Patrice Bergeron misses the rebound and then David Krejci and then Milan Lucic!!! They all miss the shot that would put their team, the Boston Bruins, ahead against the Tampa Bay Lightning, a team we almost lost to in the Eastern Conference Finals last season. As I watch the second game in the Bruins regular season, I still watch my beloved team, my heros even, miss the shot, the shot that could change the outcome of the game. And then I now, I get to thinking as I watch Brad Marchand NOT miss the oppurtunity to start a fight and get the crowd going,

"How many shots have we missed in our own life that would've changed how our life would have come out?

Probably a lot more than we would like to admit. I know that I can say that I have missed a few of lifes thrown-at-you, don't-screw-this-up-or-miss-this moments. Like the other night when this guy I was crushing on actually replied to one of my texts. Why didn't I just TELL him through text how I felt? Though, maybe I shouldn't be comparing this blog to that because if I did say that I liked him, I would have embarrassed myself in front of all his friends and they...aren't too keen of me... oh, and his mom read all the texts soo... enough of that bull shit, that's just me rambling. But, how many of you older ladies (or men) missed on that one chance to say "I love you" or "I'm sorry" to the one that you wanted to spend the rest of your life with? Or, you didn't say "yes" to that job offer or you turned something really important to you down because of how your life was panning out just at that moment. I'm willing to bet all of you are starting to wish that you did take that chance, especially if it was a killer job offer that pays a LOT.

But, think of how your life would be different if you DID take that chance? Like the other night when Milan Lucic didn't take the chance to fight that guy from the other team? What would have happened throughout the rest of the game of he took the penalty and the other team scored? What if you meet up with an old high school sweetheart years later after you are married with kids? What if you start to think, "this is the person I was gonna marry?" and then take another chance with that sweetheart that will result in destroying your current marriage? Like that song "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks (or the remake by Damian McGinty-which in my opinion is waaaaay much better) and the singer reflects on what would have happened if he actually took that chance?

In my life, the chances that I have to worry about missing are ones with school, friends, and what I want to do with my life, since I am not yet even in high school... YET being the key word. What made me want to write this is because my friends are always telling me,

"WHY didn't you ask him out then?" or, "that would have been the perfect moment to tell him how you feel!!!" Driving me more than insane because I know that they are right and that oppurtunity that I had had flown right out the window. Now, don't get me wrong, people do take those whim moments that are thrown at them, like when my parents decided to press for me to get moved up to the "A" team in hockey after I missed the cut by one player... turns out, I did get called up and according to my coach now it was worth it because I made such a HUGE improvement and I can actually do shit this year and that I am a fantastic player... not bragging of course, but it just shows that good things do come from those crazy, what the hell? moments that are thrown at you.

So, I wrote this little thing,
a.) because i needed to do some rambling...and
b.) because I get this feeling that people don't really know that life does throw good things at them and not just bad things, and that they should go for those chances because you only get one chance to make things right, and you shouldn't screw it up.

So, remember, don't be like the Bruins and miss all those rebounds that life throws at you...take them and take them head-on and then if you miss them, don't spend the rest of your life thinking, "HOW did I miss that?" because it is not wise to dwell on the past and what could have been, you are to live your life for the future and not the past and definitly not all the what-ifs of life, because those just screw you up and keep you from living.
October 9th, 2011 at 02:00am