Love.

My thoughts always seem so much more real, when I write them out with paper and pen. Like by moving my hand in just the right manner, I've set free some inconceivable thing from a cage and let it lose upon the world. But- that's not true at all, is it?
If such were the case, this caged creature would have an impact upon the world it was released to. And...my thoughts have absolutely no impact on anyone but myself and that piece of paper is all too often the only thing reflecting any existence of a force capable of affecting anything. NONE THE LESS, I digress...from a point I've yet to make-
Love.
What is...love? The notion of being loved, the feeling of loving something entirely-
It's all in our heads...It's nothing more than a specific release of chemicals timed perfectly to create a specific, warm, gooey, safe feeling that we all crave.
Because we do all crave love, be it through kind words or affection, or the mis-interpretation of a good fuck. Everyone on this planet at one point sought to be loved, cared after.
In infancy it's only plausible that a parent feel compelled to love its offspring, or the race of humanity would likely not exist...why take care of a writhing, screaming sack of skin if one's not endeared to it?
So it makes sense that we should love, or have feelings of love, for children...but it remains the hunger throughout our lives...to be wanted, needed, cherished.
Why?
It's so fruitless.
Physical attraction, lust- they're necessary for procreation but other than that? It's all a farce. That chemical release to make two strangers want to get naked and touch each other, is all we really need...and yet we're always longing for more. If love is nothing more than a short-term brain state...and we're always searching for a deeper connection that doesn't really exist, there's never any real fulfillment in life.
If nothing we ever feel is really real, it's only a fleeting misfire of synapses and some excess dopamine floating through our systems...just why bother.
Why bother living...searching for something intangible?
October 11th, 2011 at 08:10am