Number II

Hey everyone,

I had the weirdest day today. I'm not sure if any of you know this or not, but last night I was in the ER at the Montreal Children's and was diagnosed with some pretty killer shit.
I talked to my school councillor that evening who rushed me there immediately. Anyways, that's not the point of this journal.

So my mother and I have been having some problems for the past couple months, regular teenage problems like I'm sure all of you either had or have right now. I know I'm a disrespectful prick sometimes and she can be a judgmental lady, yet nonetheless we love each other.

I stayed home today, overwhelmed what had went down yesterday (I had to wear a hospital gown HAH!) and I wasn't allowed to be home, at least that's what the doctor had told my mom while she was in tears.

I went, unwillingly, to the session and then eat shop etcetc. It was a pretty good day with my mom, that is until on the bus ride home she started acting unusual. This isn't the point of my story, but just the explanation (Just in case your wondering.). I asked for Steven to come over and I would meet him at the bank, then go home. She said "Do whatever you want, but don't get me in shit!" So I got off the bus and had an urge to meet him on the train tracks (The path he'd be walking.)

So I climbed up the gravel ledge, hidden by trees and weeds that needed to be trimmed and was off and on my way. For some reason I felt nauseous just walking, but I kept on going, not caring or feeling anything. All i wanted to do was be in Stevens arms so he could tell me everything would be okay.

Walking on the wooden rail ties got me dizzy and I was a stumbling mess. I had walked probably about a half a mile, around the turn and totally straight, halfway to his house. I knew where I was going and how much more time it would take me to get there. Always, nonstop this feeling in my stomach wouldn't go away, even though I tried to focus on anything but that.

All of a sudden I saw his figure walking towards me. About a kilometre away, he was balancing on the steel rod that I was standing on, the same track. White t-shirt and jeans. I couldn't tell what he was doing but I heard creaks every time those legs switched from one side to another, drunkenly and messily walking. (I have no idea if those are words, that's the only way I can describe it.) His hands spread apart as if to keep balance. But he was walking quick, getting bigger and bigger as he walked. He walked like he was inhuman and just with the wind.

I only saw this pattern for maybe twenty seconds as the sun was dipping into the treeline. There was a creek just under that line and it would make a perfect picture to hang up in your living room.

I fixed my hair, and shook my head to get my fringe out of my eyes, when all of a sudden this drunken person walked from one set of tracks to the other, ducked down, arms flailing in every direction. It looked as if it was morphing into something and slid onto the edge and what looked to be into the creek, as if to get away from something.

I was about to yell out his name when I heard a train whistle screaming in my ear. I got startled and looked back, there was a train coming head on. Only about fifteen feet away. Leaping to the sides and flinging my body against the gravel. The carrier train only missed me by a few feet but damn I thought it did.

After catching my breath I looked up, Sat up, stood up, then checked to see where Steven was. He was nowhere to be seen.

Walking towards that area where I had seen it dip into the water, there was nothing. I checked everywhere. All there was; rusted tracks, a few white cardboard pieces and such spewed out in front of me. No blood no nothing.

I was more then scared, I was horrified. Not at who I just saw.. no. At what I just saw.

I turned my body around and started to run home, faster and faster. Walking a few times to catch my breath. Yet every time I started running again there was a click clack sound which I thought was following me. My intuition told me it was just a duck, my brain; a cricket. My heart just told me to run faster. You can bet I did.

About near the corner I saw two sets of lights coming towards me. I honest to god thought I was going to die. I switched to the pathway right beside the tracks and it was on the gravel coming right towards me.

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not religious in the slightest but i'll be damned if I didnt pray. I said I was sorry to everyone I could and was prepared to die. I just stopped in place and accepted death. Things happen for a reason.

I heard my name, I tried not to listen. "So this is what it's like to die.. huh."

I heard it being called again.

"wait.." I thought "I know that voice.". Sitting in the passenger seat, leaning out the window was Steven and he was calling my name. I ran toward him. The night leaving big inky black marked shadows across the tracks.

He told me I was dumb for walking that whole way in the dark, and he sat next to me in the car. The whole ride I didnt say a word as he and Cj talked, laughed, and joked.

I only later found out that he never went onto the railroad tracks that day.

This is a true story guys, i'm still shaken up about it. I'm trying to figure out what it could've been, or even why it was there..

I never believed in ghosts until now, and even as I write this I'm shaking. So please guys, give me advice on how to get my mind off things. I really need help right now guys.. i'm on the verge of tears.
October 14th, 2011 at 05:42am