My horrible time at the Loris hill billy bog festival...

It's not literally called 'hill billy', but I swear to god, any girl that looked my age was either pregnant or all over a guy who looked older than my dad.

I should start at the beginning. I live in a small town in South Carolina. The only entertainment we get is from going into neighboring towns for events and hanging out at the mall. Living with parents who work almost all the time, they take every chance to spend time with us in any way. Even going two towns over for some festival we've never been to.
The Loris bog off has been held for the past 30 something years, and is highly popular... In Loris. People from our little town don't go, and for a reason.

I'm the type of girl who isn't necesarily a girlie girl. And that doens't mean I'm lesbian(Not that I have a problem with gays and lesbians.) or athiest.(Not that I have a problem with atheists.)
But, apparently that's what I'm telling everyone when I wear a dark blue plaid button up shirt with my sleeves rolled up, slightly ripped skinny jeans and black eye liner.

I guess I was the most enteresting thing to walk down the street because everyone stared. SO much fun. I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. And I've stayed at a friends house that's infested with every kind of bug, and not to mention they had family problems.
I was so disgusted by this place I literally went home and washed my shoes...My shoes!

We got there, and I have never seen so many 'Canadians'. Last time I saw this many 'Canadians' was when I went to Atlanta. (Not that I have a problem with 'Canadians'.)
We were getting shoved and bumped into, and at one point in time I was walking down the street, and someone who clearly saw me, didn't bother to step a half step over to not bump into me. I was already up against the building and this chick had planty of room to move over, but no. She bumped straight into me. And when she looked at me she said, "Some body needs to learn their manners and say excuse me!" and walked off.

It took every bone in my body to not hunt her down and feed her to her own children in a stew.
I was ready to go after 5 minutes, hell! I was ready to go as soon as we got there!
When we arrived it was already 5 o' clock. The advertisment kept saying they'd be up and runnign till 8. But all the stands and vendors were closing right when we got there. And the bog looked gross! They had it stacked in stacks of 5 on four different tables. It looked like they were pre-made and were setting out all day. First of all, I hate chicken bog! It's this really gross rice and chicken mixture that seems like it was made becase they didn't have enough ingredients for one thing so they threw what they had in a bowl and ate it.
(For everyone not from the south, chicken bog is like chicken and yellow rice, but with a lot more things in it.) Gross, nasty, gross.

Then, when dad wanted to buy something, no one took debt cards, and there were no ATM's anf the only place closest to get money was at a bank in the direction we came in.
How technologically in the dark were they!? I mean, if you want people to buy your stolen crappy junk, shouldn't you have a way for us to give it to you?

I mean, in North Myrtle Beach the St. Patricks day thing we do, we have ATM's lined down the street! We're constantly bumping into ATM's! There are more ATM's than port-a-potty's.

Dad finally got the message that this place was crappy after 20 minutes and thank all gods, we left! Sweet Jesus, did I appriciate my little town more when we got back! DX>
October 16th, 2011 at 05:22pm