The Wayward Son. Read this now.

So I'm here now to tell you of my story, the Wayward Son. I do this because I don't think it is getting the attention it deserves. So I'm gonna put below a quick summary and hope that you are tempted to read it. Enjoy.

Remiel. That is his name. Since the first light after the Flood, he has existed. He has been protecting humans, guarding the innocent and serving as a soldier for the Maker. It is his calling. That's what he thought for a long time at least. Lately, that has been a different thought process. Remy has been doubting. Doubting his nature. Doubting the Maker being the one to give orders. Doubting everything. He has spent more time on Earth than any other angel would dare. He just can't face Paradise. Not anymore.

Distracted for too long, Remy has become weak and when charged with a new prinicpal, Taylor, to guard, he thought that wouldn't be a problem. Though nothing good ever comes easy. All Hell breaks loose around Remy once again and this time, he almost doesn't survive.

With his energy drained, Remy lays in wait of healing in Taylor's apartment, his energy broken. He thought he would be stuck, unable to open a way home, but when his pick-up arrives, Remy is faced with a choice. Go home and return to the duty he doesn't even trust or stay and become human.

He stays.

Remy lives out his continuing days with Taylor, thinking all the angelic stuff is behind him. His body slowly getting weaker and weaker to a point he can't function. Trying to focus one last time, he breaks and slips unconscious, waking as a full on human without any memory of who he was before. Now he truly is free. Truly is at peace. But nothing good lasts.

*So yeah. Hope that convinced. That was a quick summary of what is up right now, plus a few things I didn't mention. It's a great story. I hope you all read. Later
October 17th, 2011 at 02:21am