Dawn of a New Day

Its hard to beleive now a days how naive i was as a child. When i was young and I raced throught the fields of wild flowers I had not a care in the world. I was wild i was free I was young and stupid. I lived for the thrill and took so many things for granite. Then he came. I was just a smidgeon older then sixteen when he came for me. He promised me forever and he told me he loved me and would for all eternity. The heart is a cruel cruel place and it leapt at the thought that i could be loved. i willingly sacrificed my mortality to be a creature neither living nor dead. I was somewhere in between and that's when i realized I had become a monster. I ran away from the man who changed me and went back to my home. I thought I had been gone for a couple days, but i was sadly mistaken. The wild flowers had long simced died and my once rosy cheeked little sister was old and gray. I hated what I had become even more now then when I ran. I wondered through the woods and met a man. But he wasn't really a man he was something far wprse, he was a werewolf. We weren't supposed to get along with them but for some reason we did and we slowly fell in live. That's when he found me again and dragged me and the love I had found back to the family. They made me watch as they tortured him, and just as he raised his hand for the last blow I broke lashing out at them. In the moment they stood there in shock i grabbed my love and ran, ran as far and as hard as i could. We soon found a new group of people who welcomed us wholeheartedly and had no problem with my love being what he was. She told me love was an amazing thing and i was lucky to have found it. Then he came back again, I had to watch as he killed all the new faces i had come to love. He killed the one i loved the most last and my love told me as he breathed his last breath that he loved me and i whispered back to him that the impossible had happened and that no matter what i would always love him as well. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. He was greedy and took my only chances at happiness so that i would stay by him but i wasn't going to. And as he brought the stake down into my heart I welcomed it. I was going to be with my love and as the darkness closed in and my body grew numb and cold i smiled telling him i'd be watching as he burnt in hell. And with that some friends i had made along the way killed my old family and i died with a smile on my face. The morbid truth was that death was only the beginning of the life i would come to live and as i was pushed into a new dawn and a new day i let a shuttered wail escpae knowing my infant brain would never remember this or the ones i loved dearly. It was the dawn of a new day.
*****************************************************************************************************
tell me what you think and if enough people like this i may write a story to go with it.
October 19th, 2011 at 02:45am