It's hard to be positive. (Free reads for some advice? :)

Instead of asking the obvious, and rant about how miserable and terrible my life is, and blahblahblah. . .I'm going to rant about positivity. Truth is, no one wants to hear other people's problems when I know for a fact that each of us has our own to deal with. Exception: unless you're a therapist looking for online patients. Highly unlikely. . .

Anyways, I realized that I've been so negative these past seventeen years of life. I'm about to graduate and leave my family in less than eight months! There's so much more to learn, so much to try and experience. I just don't want to be thrust into the world without the right mindset.

It's time for some growing up, and sucking up. :)

So. First of all, I know we all have relationship troubles; whether it's about lovers, friends, family... nobody's perfect. It's how we react to a situation that matters.

Let me go in order here. The thing is, it takes me forever to get over someone I like/have a crush on/attracted to, whatever. No matter how hard I try, it takes a lot of effort on my part just to keep him out of my head all day. It's frustrating because I always fall for the wrong person. I especially get frustrated with myself when I begin to change who I am, just because of that guy. For example, he likes a certain type of music... and suddenly, I like that genre, too. I can't help it. It gets hard to tell apart which is really me, and which is a conjuration of what I think I am.
Sigh.
So my question for you all is, how do I get over someone? I've tried everything, but I'm sure you know that it's hard to self-motivate. I would sing/dance to myself until I'm no longer sad; I'd think of another person I thought was cute, to take my mind off of the other person; I'd join activities and do things to keep my mind busy... but it all goes back to that one person, and no matter how many times I convince myself it's impossible that we'll ever be together, I can't accept it. And so I'm asking you, how did you get over your first serious crush/ex?

Second topic of the night: College. Oy vey, I am so stressed over SAT results coming up, application deadlines closing in, college essay needing to be written, and recommendation letters needing to be given out. I have a week and a half to get all of this done! IF I want to get into the college of myparents' dreams.
All I can say is, pray for me...

Third and final topic: National Forensic League. You guessed right, ladies and gents. This year, is obviously my senior year, and ever since I was a freshman I've wanted to join NFL. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, NFL is an honor society club in which you get the chance to compete with other schools in debate, speech, or acting/interpretation. I chose to do speech for my first competition, and I'll be sticking with it for the next one. My first topic was about Fear, and to be honest, that speech was a work under procrastination and much much stress. So this time, I want to do things right and talk about a topic I can really relate to. Something everyone can relate to, really.
I like to take things concrete and go from there; hence, my first topic on fear. Any ideas? (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alright, if you made it this far into my ramble, you deserve a little chance to vent too, no? :D
1. How was your first crush like?
2. What do you do when you're feeling down?
3. Have any humorous story to share, please? c:
4. Anything random you'd like to share as well?

ALSO, I'm willing to read stories of any genre (except for fanfic). Catch? Just comment below with a friendly advice on any of my three problemos, hahaa.
October 19th, 2011 at 03:41pm