College is a lot Harder than I Thought it Was Going to Be.

People weren't lying when they said college would be a bigger challenge than high school. Not only do I have seven classes this semester, one of them is a writing intensive course which means we have a paper due almost every two weeks. Since i am a journalism major I am taking those classes as well which also have a ton of writing to deal with. I'm doing pretty well in my classes. It's currently midterms and they have been kicking my ass. I mean, I have three A's so far, but I'm not sure about the other classes. I really despise my photo classes though. I never wanted to take them in the first place but they are required when you are a journalism major. About twenty days before school started I got an email from my photo teacher telling me that I had to buy a camera for the class. I bought the cheapest point and shoot one available on his list and thought that everything would be dandy from there. Unfortunately, I was wrong. He didn't do his research and for two projects I had to go check out a camera so I could take the photos correctly.

Tuesday night I took my point and shoot camera with me because we did the two assignments that I needed the other camera for. Well, the teacher's assistant came over to me and called me out in front of the class for having a cheap camera. He told me that I should have borrowed one of my friend's cameras and stuff like that. As I was leaving the building he found me again and once again told me to borrow a friend's camera. I was so tempted to tell him that none of my friends are photo majors therefore they don't have a $500 one for me to borrow. I was already a little self conscious about my camera before this happened, now it's getting to the point to where I don't even want to go to class anymore. He was a jackass and my teacher said my camera was just fine. He didn't need to make me feel three inches tall because he didn't like my camera.

I love college, but it's so much work. That is why I haven't been on here in ages. I just don't have the time for it at the moment which makes me sad. I can't wait till December so I can move back in with my parents for a month and then go back and start fresh. With the way this semester is going I know I am not ever going to take seven classes again. Whoever created my priority enrollment schedule was crazy. My sister has like five classes and she is feeling just fine with everything while I on the other hand am feeling completely stressed out because of it. I am so glad that one of my classes is ending on Monday, I will be able to get so much more done. Overall, I love college but it's a ton of work.
October 22nd, 2011 at 12:54am