I got into the Producers at my high school, but not without some good hating

You know you are good when you've got haters. And I hate to be vain or anything, but its true. If there are girls talking shit about how they were better then you even though they didn't get into the musical, then you KNOW you are good. I got into my high school's annual musical, which this year is going to be "The Producers"
I am probably in one of the most competitive schools for the theaters arts anywhere around. At my school there is a magnet program called ArtQuest and the drama specialty (which I am currently in my 2nd year of) is the most revered and famous specialty throughout the bay area. So, you can see how auditions for the school musical, which isn't run by ArtQuest however, could be competitive. Well. It is. Very much so. Because not only does our school have a ArtQuest drama specialty but a choir and a dance specialty. So all of the people who spend two hours every day (yes we have two hours time periods for each specialty) are gathered at the musical auditions ready to stomp anyone who gets in their way. Now I , being a sophomore, went into this whole thing with rather low expectations. I figured they'd give the good roles to the seniors and juniors and then everyone else would be the chorus. WELL I did better then I thought in both the singing and the dancing audition and now they want me to do a read through for an ACTUAL role.
That's pretty crazy considering.
So I'm in, and its awesome and I'm really excited. But allllll the girls who I tried out with are now bitching about me because I got in and they didn't. What haters.
Oh well.
If you're into theater and you have something to say about this, please comment. I'm sure you have experience with this if you've ever been in a show.
October 22nd, 2011 at 07:02pm