Just Because i can, doesn't mean i don't need help

I'm independent. Any who know me can tell you that much. But just because i can stand on my own two feet doesn't mean i don't need someone to lean on.Just because i can handle myself doesn't mean i don't like being protected. Just because i'm everyone's rock doesn't mean i don't need a rock too.Just because i'm independent doesn't mean i can do it all on my own.

After a while i need someone to lean on. Someone who listens to my problems instead of me listening to theirs. Someone who offers advice instead of taking it. Someone who lets me rant and rage and lets me be the one who loses their cool.

And even though i protect everyone else, it would be nice to be protected sometimes too.To have someone else push me behind them, instead of them getting pushed behind me.To have someone else trade insults with people if they say something cruel.To have someone stand up for me, and have them be the knight in shining armor for once. To have someone else make me feel safe. To have someone else stay up at night to keep everyone else's fears at bay. o have someone do it who's not me.

Though i'm the rock, i need a rock to. Just someone to lean on when things go from bad to worse. Who takes the reins for a while. Who gets to be the strong one while my entire world crashes around my ears, instead of me standing on my own in the wreckage. Who lest me cry my heart out on their shoulder, and won't tell a soul because its personal. Who i can tell all my secrets to because i know their safe. Who lets me be the weak one for a change.

I'm tired of being the strong one. I'm tired of being the rock, and the protector, and the who one who has a solution for everything. I'm tired of being everyone's secret keeper. I'm so tired of being everyone's everything. I want someone to be my everything. To just take the wheel for a little while. I'm so very,very tired of being me.
October 23rd, 2011 at 04:35am