The meaning of Ironic

Ironic:
i·ron·ic
adjective
1.
containing or exemplifying irony: an ironic novel; an ironic remark.
2.
ironical.
3.
coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.

So I was watching this beautiful video for Adele's song "Some like You"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLQl3WQQoQ0&list=FLtRmYSuBNgJq8ksBKQ2sAOg&index=8&feature=plpp_video

the video takes place in Paris. City of Love.

The song is about heartbreak. A bittersweet heart break. You are happy that the love of your life as moved on and is happy but you still cling to your feelings. Thus you are torn inside wanting to be with said person, knowing its impossible, thus you have to force yourself to move on. But you are happy that your love has moved on and now will try yourself.

Now I find these two thing ironic that they are put together....so I leave the comment.

and it leads to this conversation.

Me: Ironically takes place in? Paris. City of love

Polarbomb15: that's not? ironic at all :/

Me: the song is about heartbreak isn't it? A bittersweet moment of happiness that you love has moved on but also that said person you still hold dear in? your heart and you would want nothing more to be with them again. So you're torn inside ...and its in the city of love which Paris is known for. That's irony...

Polarbimb15: it's not irony when they purposly? place it there

Me: Yes....for? it to be ironic...that was the whole point...

Polarbomb15: I dunno maybe I don't see the irony because I was? raised to completely hate the french

Me: Nice excuse for your? stupidity...because hating the french has to do with knowing the meaning of irony.

End.

I just had to post about this...I probably shouldn't insulted him. But I couldn't help it. "I WAS RAISED TO HATE THE FRENCH"

uh...okay kid. People today just hate the French because they think its funny...and have no idea what the reason is. So thank you for showing me what true stupidity and ignorant mother f*ckers are...Personally...I f*cking love the french.

Their men be hot and their accents make me giggle...
October 28th, 2011 at 04:59am