God Rest Her Soul

My dad's exwife, whom we are very close to, passed away today I believe dad said at 2 am.

Shes not blood, but she birthed my two half brother's and thats important.

She battled cancer for a few years now, starting with breast cancer, then into remission, then back with it spreading over her body.

Shes been real ill lately, and yesterday had a stroke rendering her unable to speak.

She then passed away. My dad got to talk to her before she passed away. She tried to tell him she loved him, I don't think she ever did stop loving him.

Shes helped my family out a lot, and had a good heart.

She had a few problems leaving her with out a lot of friends, but she was a good person.

I'm sad, i didn't get to say good bye to her, and that I loved her and cared about her. You see I always ducked her calls because she talked for hours. Now I regret that. I regret always saying i'd pray and not praying. I regret not praying when she had that stroke.

Maybe if I had shes still be battling, she still be a live. She fought a long hard fight, a good fight. It just wasn't enough. She deserved better. I don't know where she is right now, heaven, hell...still on this earth. But, I think anything is better than the battle shes been fighting.

Cancer has claimed to many people to close to me, it has affected to many others. My mom is fighting ovarian cancer. It claimed this amazing lady from this journal, Debbie, it claimed Mr. George (in one of my other journals) A generous kind lady from church it took her, it caused another older friend of mine to have brain surgery. It took a friend of mine's mom.
That just makes me beyond sad.

: ( Oh well.
November 4th, 2011 at 04:44pm