Screw the Titles

I really hate walking down the hall at school and hearing all the bullshit everyone has to say about all the kids that don't "fit in". Hell, i'm one of them most of the time.

But i don't know how many times my friend Eric has had to put up with being called a "faggot" or a "queer". Those words are just hits at his self-esteem -which, if i'm being honest, he already doesn't have much of- and it seems like the only one who can actually get him to calm down after those confrontations is his boyfriend. I hate seeing him so helpless and, in my opinion, sexual orientation, nor anything else, should affect how someone is treated.

Also, stereotypes are completely and utterly useless. They have no point. Either you call yourself one of them -which probably means you're trying way too hard to impress someone- or you get called one of them -and usually being called one isn't so wonderful. I wish i could start up a petition and get a bazillion people to sign it so that stereotypes and titles couldn't be used. They're just hurtful and oppressing.

So PLEASE, just stop using them. People have names for a reason. It only take a few dainty seconds to ask someone's. Thanks.
November 6th, 2011 at 01:41am