Irritating Mibba policies, working class America, and early New Year's Resolutions.

Mkay, so I just wanted to address something about Mibba that irritates me. I've been here for almost three and a half years and I love this place to death, but there's one policy that makes me angry. Why the f*ck am I not allowed to swear? Why the f*ck do I have to include these annoying little asterisks in each and every swear word I use? I can totally understand why they would reinforce a rule against people swearing at each other or using foul language to belittle or degrade others. That's a rule I agree with; however, if I'm allowed to swear in my stories as much as I want to as long as it has the right rating, why can't I swear in my journals as long as I'm not speaking directly to someone? It's just the way I talk, and I don't believe in censorship. This isn't that big of a deal. It just kind of bothers me. I'm going to be a good little conformist either way, because what some 'rebels' on here don't realize is that individual rebellion never works. I'd like to stay on the site.

So...I work at a pizza place, and tonight was completely awful. One of the employees called off and three employees total made, cut, boxed, and organized $2,220 worth of pizza, breadsticks, wings, subs, and salads by ourselves. Not to mention stocking and cleaning. I had to stay way past my shift because it got so ridiculous. I'll tell you right now, this sh*t isn't worth the $150 paycheck I get each week. $8/hour is not even close to enough for what I have to put up with. I get yelled at and called names by angry customers. It's lovely.

Anyway...I have been so incredibly stressed and depressed about everything lately. I'm falling behind in my work for college, I'm afraid I won't pass my algebra class. Between work and school I have no time for myself. I don't get nearly enough sleep and my eating habits are terrible. Dealing with my fiance's cancer speaks for itself, but he's going to a pain specialist soon. Hopefully that will help. He and I are hitting a lot of rough patches in our relationship as well and all of this is enough to push me over the edge. I am so emotionally stretched at this point in time that I have turned to food once again to distract myself from all of my other problems, and I am now seeing the repercussions. I've only gained two pounds, but when you're only five feet tall, you can feel it. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow to but a healthier array of food (my house is full of starches and candy) and I was wondering:

What kinds of things should I buy? Any ideas for things that are either quick to make of can be brought places with me? I want to try to lose weight again and I have a very busy lifestyle.
November 6th, 2011 at 03:58am