I can never replace my brother, but you'll always be a brother to me<3

This a letter to my brother, he was a miscarriage 18 years ago. His birthday is November 18th, 1993. And to my best friend who is like my brother.

Dear Matthew Erik Bergren,
I have never known you. I have never seen your face. But I love you, I want you to know that. I would never replace you in my life. Ever. But I want you to know that Braden has been amazing to us, he really has. He's made me smile in so many ways, I love him dearly, but he is nothing compared to you. (I'm sorry Braden, but Matthew is my brother). Braden has also made Cece and Erik feel loved as much as he can. He really has. They talk about him all the time. But I know you know that. You are my guardian angel. You truly are. I hope you know that Braden will never replace you, he will be there as my best friend and a second brother to me.

I love Matthew, if only I could talk to you once, to see your face. To give you a hug and say that I love you. That's all I want. It really is. I swear to god. Your birthday is coming up soon, and my present to you is this letter. So Happy Birthday Matthew. You are the best brother anyone could ever have, even if, I've never known you.

And Braden, you are amazing, you really are. I trust my life in your hands. I trust my siblings in your hands. And I trust my future children in your hands. You are a big part of my life. And I love you. Even if we fight, you are amazing to me. And you do have a place in this world, it's in my heart:)

Annie
November 7th, 2011 at 10:09pm