Furukawa

Today was the day that Japanese students came to my school as part of an annual exchange program thing. It's a really neat event. The Japanese kids- the boys in particular- were really good dancers during the morning Assembly. When they started singing along to 'We Are The World' (in tribute to the earthquake I guess) the drama kids who preformed a poem called We Are More started waving their arms, the performers let go of their hands to follow suit, and some went to get a member of their host family to join in. That was really cool.

And of course I put Japanese music on in Drama class after!

___

After lunch they set up some workshops in the gym. They had anime figurines, origami, and one of my friends, who I still think of as blue-haired dude even though that's no longer applicable, played Mahjong pretty much the whole time. At the anime/manga table I got a a little trinket that I'll probably make a pendant out of and take a picture of later. There were cosplayers dressed up as characters from Dragon Ball Z which was really neat.

I wish I could have one of those Anime figurines... they looked really awesome. But I really like the adorable trinket I got.
November 7th, 2011 at 10:29pm