Would anyone read this?

So I’m working on a piece that I’ve been mentally planning for months.

I’m sure many of you know that I have Chronic Lyme Disease. The first anniversary of my diagnosis comes up on the 24th, and I’m writing this thing about my journey so far—what I’ve learned and what I’ve taught. I’m thinking about calling it something with Lyme Light in it. Passage in the Lyme Light? I don’t know. It still needs thought. (I’m totally open to any suggestions. Hint, hint.)

Anyways, I’m going to post it as a story because it’s pretty much a memoir. I’m going to finish up this little segment today and maybe start the layout.

Here’s a little preview:

November 24 is the anniversary of my Lyme Disease. I contracted the disease during the summer of ’09, and it took until November of ’10 to be diagnosed.

I suffered for about a year and a half with dehabilitating symptoms until someone finally took me seriously. I had headaches that trumped migraines. Flu-like aches that were unnaturally heavy. A burning neuropathy that made me feel like I was on fire. A constant fever. The heart rate of a bird. Joints that were so stiff and sore that it felt like they were stuck in tar. I was tired to where it was as if I hadn’t slept in weeks.I was battling depression. I was a mess, and what did people tell me?

You’re making it up.


Is anyone actually going to read this?
I’m must curious. I mean, if no one reads it, whatever. It’s important to me so I’m going to post it.
November 8th, 2011 at 10:00pm