Soul mates.

I believe that there is somebody out there for everybody that will truly love them, but whether or not that person is a "soul mate" or just somebody we fall in love with by chance depends on the person. For instance, there is somebody that could be considered my "soul mate" because we have so much in common, can talk about just about anything, and have been through a lot of the same things in life that you would assume would give us a great connection. Yet, we are not together and that is technically going against the idea of "soul mates" being made for each other and having a relationship. Chances are, as much as I've thought about it and wanted it for a while, I won't end up with this person but rather somebody I don't even know yet. That is caused by my own choices, and mistakes. On the other hand, some people meet their "soul mate" and fall in everlasting love based off their own choices. So yes, I believe in the idea of a "soul mate" or somebody that we are perfect for. But, I don't believe in the idea that said person is who we are going to end up with, but rather just our match. Yes, you could argue that whoever you end up with will be your "soul mate" but, the way I define "soul mate" is somebody that 1) you have a lot in common with, thus creating a great couple and 2) said person is who you do end up with. As I previously stated, I am not with who I could call my "soul mate" so that is against the idea. Hope I didn't carry on too much and this makes sense to anybody that cares and reads it.
November 9th, 2011 at 08:45am