Do I need to change my shampoo or something?

Hello, welcome to my life, where apparently I'm giving off CRAZY pheromones that attract all males.

EXHIBIT A: ALEJANDRO

So Alejandro and I hooked up on Thursday. And Friday he barely texted me at all, and at the concert, we talked but just about normal things. It was like nothing ever happened between us. I felt stupid and used, but as I was walking back to my car, I get a text from him.

"Encore??"

So he ended up spending the night at my apartment. We talked a bit more. We're both pretty sure this is not going to go anywhere, and we're afraid what people will say because he's basically stabbing Antonio in the back. I say screw Antonio. He had his chance, he messed up, and I'm fair game now.

I'm not really sure where we stand. Sort of between friends with benefits and a relationship. It's definitely all a secret though. My roommate Marie, my friend Jai, and one of Alejandro's roommates know (because he walked in on us), but that's it.

EXHIBIT B: BRIAN

Yesterday was my friend Jai's birthday. We all went to a restaurant. I ordered a drink, an appetizer, an entree, and dessert. I thought, "Why the heck not? It's been such a confusing week."

The waiter passes out the bills at the end of the night. He doesn't give me one. When I ask, he says, "Oh, someone already paid for your meal."

I stare at him. "Don't you mean Jai?" Why would someone pay for my (expensive) meal? It has to be a mistake. Someone meant to pay for Jai's meal since it's her birthday.

No, it's not a mistake.

"Who paid for my meal?" I ask, looking around the table. Finally, Jai's friend Brian admits that he did. And now everyone is staring at me.

I've met this guy once. I thought he had a girlfriend. I talk to Jai about it later, and she says he's just being nice. But later in the night, he tells me he's going to make me a mix CD, asks for my number, and then literally hugs me and kisses my ear while whispering something to me.

And then calls me at 2:30 in the morning. Thankfully, I was already asleep and didn't answer.

EXHIBIT C: ANTONIO

This is really just speculation. There's a rumor that he's starting to realize what he lost. He sees Alejandro and me together and gets jealous. I can vouch for the last one. I used to avoid Antonio. Now Antonio avoids me. He leaves the room whenever Alejandro and I enter it.

I told Alejandro that I would never take Antonio back, but I'm not sure if that's true. I'm still in love with him, although I'm really really trying to be indifferent towards him.

But just because that's what's going around doesn't mean it's true. He probably does not regret his decision. He probably does not have feelings for me anymore. He probably will not leave his fiancee for me.

And despite the number of guys sniffing around, at the end of this saga, I will probably still be alone.
November 13th, 2011 at 07:07pm