"Taste of Youth" and a father that pisses me off.

Ahhh hello reader. I'm seriously tired today. I've done over 2,000 words done for NaNo today, yay. The story is amazingly long now, 24 chapters! That's the most I've ever written for a story before and this is the longest I've stuck with one. It's gone up to four stars, a total of 23 comments and 120 readers, also a most of mine. I kind of feel like it's going really slow, but I don't know. It's supposed to get up to a 50K word count so it's normal for it to be going slow right?

I sped it up a little today, starting the relationship between the characters I chose. I think they'll take a while to get together, it won't be one of those quick "I love you" kind of things with all these problems that follows and they always forgive. No, I don't think so. I think it'll be more them getting together takes forever and since both of them are such stubborn pain in the butts it'll take just as long if I did have any kind of large bump in their relationship. Yeah, that I think.

Also, this is the first time I've ever killed off of one of my own characters (having never gotten to any point where they mattered anyway). Then again, he was dead when I began but when I started to build on him, on the dead guys and my main characters original relationship I completely fell in love with him as a character. He's just amazing you know, so sweet and it's not just that either. There's so many layers to him that I'm finding out as I write. Dark things and wonderful things and things that you'd never believe at first. The dark things are my favorite because he seems like such an angel but it turns out he's not. A prince on a white horse that killed to get there kind of thing.

And my main character, wow. I mean, I always imagine horrible lives for my main and this one is no different. Family problems, dead people she loves, teenager problems, and all this other stuff but this character is different. Like with the one I was talking about above, she has so many layers. She seems like a nice girl, sweet and caring and incredibly gentle but then we get all these hints about her. Hints that tell us she's done something horrible, something unforgivable and it changes everything. My mains are the Mary Sue's of horrible pasts, abuse or rape is normal in my characters, being orphaned is as well. This one like I said isn't different per say: she has a horrible past, she has been abused in some form but somethings different. I can't put my finger on it even though she's my character because I rarely plan everything that happens and yet I want to know. I really really want to know, weird right?

The story isn't great, in fact it's not very good in my own opinion at all. The plot is shoddy, the chapters are off. BUT I like it. I don't and I do.
I'm a very contradicting person.

My dad hasn't been answering my phone calls for the past two weeks. I'll see him this weekend but still. It's kind of irritating me aanndd I'll be with him over my birthday. I'm giving this neglectful jerk my sixteenth birthday. If he bails on me again, I swear I do not plan on trying to keep contact with him anymore.
November 15th, 2011 at 03:13am