There's no getting out of this

I’ve heard that life is just the spirit saying “no” to God’s invitation to eternity. There’s a force saying “come to where there’s peace and unity and paradise forever” and the only reason we’re alive is because of our consistent response; “I can’t. I’m not done here”. Here, in waking life.

This makes me think of those vivid dreams I have where I’m running from something and I’m struggling to get somewhere, only to be interrupted by a feeling of “falling”, followed immediately by “waking up”.

What if every time I sleep, I’m trying to get out. Every dream I have is me pleading my case, claiming that I’m ready for paradise, and every feeling of falling and crashing into awake is just me being sent back to the earth?

Maybe that’s why drugs suck. Every toke, roll, climb, or trip you take is just a waking dream. You come so close to reaching that heaven, but you’re not ready for it. God knows your cheating, so you feel the “come down”. You’re brought back down to the earth. The difference from that and a dream is that it’s gradual and you’re aware of it.

I guess there’s no getting off until you’ve finished what you feel needs to be done here.
November 16th, 2011 at 04:22am