The Santa Clause Parade is Evil

I went to the Santa Clause parade today. Thousands of people crowded on a sidewalk to watch volunteers in costumes ring bells, listen to mediocre bands to play, and look at paper mache floats made by cooperate giants who claim to care about smiling children. The parents feeding their kids to the same sensationalist hellfire that's left their secret dreams unfulfilled.

It's so obvious, when you look for it. Everything is put here to confuse us and make us feel helpless, and then the ultimate solution is thrust upon us. "SPEND! BUY! CONSUME! YOU'RE LIFE WOULD BE PERFECT IF YOU HAD THIS HOUSE AND TRAVELED HERE AND LOOKED LIKE THIS".
The problem is, the people who fully notice this and disagree with it, they tend to turn to drugs and alcohol. No one wants believe or listen to them.

I don't want to be another ant in the colony, mindlessly racing around, performing my civic duties like a drone. I don't want to be a druggie or a pot head either, running away from myself into the dark, dreading the day the sun rises to reveal my empty, meaningless life.

Show me that speck of truth. Please tell me I'm a diamond in the rough. Show me the hope for the disenfranchised. Something besides Lady Gaga would be nice.
November 21st, 2011 at 12:35am