Facepalm Moments of the Day

Day 19294478 in the crazy-house, also known as the restaurant

God love them, the people I work with are great and wonderful people, but they really make me wonder sometimes. Maybe it's just that being in a work environment makes us stop paying attention to things that are normally common sense, but --okay, a conversation would help.

I swear to God I could not make this ridiculousness up.

Olivia: "Hey, what is this stuff?" *points to option on the ice tea machine*
Me "Ah...ice tea...?"
Olivia "No, no, no, I know that haha. I meant this little option here where the green tea used to be. What is H2O?"

Guys, she was serious.
Now Olivia is the kind of girl that makes the retarded kid in What's Eating Gilbert Grape look like a rocket scientist. So naturally, I wasn't all that surprised by her lack of common knowledge.

But then I had a conversation with one of the dishwashers, Brandon.

Brandon "Hey...so your boyfriend gave me some tips about getting a girlfriend the other day..."
Me "Aw, Scott helped you out? Did what he say work? Hang on a minute, you're seventeen. Why haven't you been with a girl before?"
Brandon "Well, I've been with girls before, but never had like a real girlfriend, you know?"
Me "Oh I see. So did what Scott say help you to get a girlfriend?"
Brandon "Eh, no, but I did get hella good sex out of it. Tell him thanks for me, would you?"

-cue the eye-roll-
Boys.
That's all I have to say about that.

But today's complete lack of common sense award goes to the Inn's self-proclaimed smartest human being, Nic.

Nic "Hey Kaleb, is it still too late to request off time this week?
Kaleb "That depends, what day off do you need?"
Nic "Well I heard Sherri and Val say that Best Buy is having a really good deal on tv's for black Friday. Could I get that off?"
Kaleb "Go get the schedule and cross your name off for the 25th."
Nic "YES! Wait, what day of the week is Black Friday?"

-facepalm-

I have this theory that there's a gas leak in the place, making us dumber and dumber every day. Or maybe we just drive each other mad.
Either way, work's never boring.
November 22nd, 2011 at 05:41am