train ride #2 (7:14 AM) - I shouldn't really judge....

I saw "shit lady" again. Today, her face was really gentle. It was pretty and graceful; her skin was the color of dark sand...she had beautiful eyes and a posture that reminded me of a regal queen...She got easier on the eyes. She reminds me of a camel. I like looking at her. Her face is so unique that it enchants me completely.

I was sitting next to an old Hispanic woman today; she had a complimentary tote bag from her grocery store (I think it was Fairway). I sat there with my eyes closed since I didn't get much sleep from last night.

My friend Tom, who goes to school with me, was sitting a few seats away.

The doors opened, and my peace was disrupted. In came a disheveled short black man, lumping around black plastic garbage bags with him. He was dressed in worn clothes and stank. To the seasoned subway rider, he was definitely a troublemaker.

It first began when he the train's doors shut and it rumbled forth. The man, who did not have steady grip of the pole, almost fell, dropping his cellphone in the process. A little black boy, whose intentions could have to help or to steal (which I doubt the latter because the next stop was 10 minutes away...not very wise), picked up the phone. He was cut off by the man, who snatched it away from his hands and screamed in his face.

Oh shit. I sighed.

He was yelling and screaming unintelligibly; saying something about his cellphone.
He changed all the sudden. He profusely apologized to the kid, who had probably shit his pants by now, and just clanked around with his bags to everybody's face, saying how sorry he was. He kept repeating a certain phrase, which I think was spoken in a different language. This went on. Once in a while, the train jerked and he fell into somebody...gaining more disgust and less favor from the others.

He seemed like a really desperate guy. Crazy. Neurotic. He just muttered in guilt.

He came by my way and I breathed in, squeezed my eyes shut, and straightened my back to be as far from him as I could.

Time passed quickly. I was at 96th and I exited the car as quickly as I could. I almost looked back to see if the man was there. Why?
November 30th, 2011 at 03:42am