NEW BOOK, COOL BOOK

I finished reading 2 books recently!!

I just finished reading "Someday this pain will be useful to you" by Peter Cameron, which I've heard is really popular.
...it's very beautiful and makes you think. I really recommend it, since I think many people share his struggles too...and it's interesting how he deals with it. Again, it's so beautifully written; I admire it so much. At first, I really disliked the main character since I thought he was childish and spoiled, but it grew on me because I could perfectly understand what he deals with...

I found out they have an Italian movie of this but I can somewhat tell it's not going to be quite the same because there are some cast actors who play -spoiler,leaveblank- waiters and some characters I can't recognize. watevaaaa I really loved this book so much

Last week, I read a bunch of David Sedaris's essays in "Barrel Fever". He's hilarious as well. It's not straight-up comedy, but rather dark and absurd. An English teacher at school recommended him and gave me his copy to borrow. I've read it everywhere and thumbed through the pages a couple of times, so I'm afraid to hand it back to the teacher since it's so dirty :)

Have you heard of these books/authors and have you read them before? Did you think it was shitty or really good? What other books do you recommend?
December 1st, 2011 at 12:27am