Respect for the Dead Please and the Loved Ones Left

Recently a friend of mine and many other people, Scarlett Paxton, died. And the year before that my father, Keith Gabbert, passed away. And recently I've discovered a lot of people don't have respect for the dead or the ones left behind grieving. And my question is why? Why the heck do people get to talk shit when either a. they've never been through something like that or b. you didn't know the person who passed. Can we go back to the "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all.", please? I mean, I've seen the world going to hell, but what happened to decency and respect for anyone? If you are a good person, like so many people I met and love, then you'd simply be there for someone in need. I don't see the point of shutting people out of your life because the lost a loved one or why people talk shit about someone you DID NOT know. It upsets the people grieving even more to read the stupid bullshit comments on a news article. If you want to actually help, help. If not, shut your mouth and kindly walk off. Grieving over a loved one is hard enough without extra bullshit.
I really don't know what else to say because I'm actually sitting here at three in the morning crying and missing my loved ones, but I really hope that this helps people realize how it's just better to be kind or keep your mouth shut.
December 3rd, 2011 at 11:07am