How About You Get Over It

So, I made a journal, but I got carried away with my language... so I made it private.

Allow me to explain myself.

I had a little crush on this boy, Bob, since last year. My friend Jenn started liking him after me, and they progressed. I was dating someone at the time, so I was fine with it.

Bob texted me once in a while, but I usually was the one to stop the conversation. But he kept texting me, surprisingly. I don't know why.
Then, one night, the next year, he sends me "Hey, you're a cute redhead. Wanna make out?"

Well, I'm not one to pass up an offer...
Just kidding. I did, because he was talking to Jenn. And I told him this. He then began to tell me a lot of things...

How he simply can't date her.
How he's not attracted to her.
She's too immature.

I, still friends with Jenn, tell him he needs to tell her. She thinks he still may date her. She's half lying to herself, half ignorant. The guy has been "talking" (not really, more just normal conversation) for a fucking year. And this is a thing based off of one of them liking each other. If this happens, and a year passes WITHOUT any type of relationship, it hasn't happened for a reason.

Bob tells her, with my support. She's upset, but she says she'll get over him. She begins to work on it.

I give her time - about three months. I know time doesn't mean anything, but through them officially never happening, Bob confides in me. He starts to get attached. We begin to become a 'thing."

So what do I do? I tell Jenn my feelings for him. At first, she's upset, but accepts it.

A week passes...

She still is unhappy, tells me I don't care for her feelings. We come to a conclusion that I won't make anything official until she feels better about it. Both of us aren't entirely content, but it's okay.

The next day.

"I'm going to do my best being okay with what you and Bob decide to do. I want to apologize for yesterday. I hope we can get our friendship back to where it was. But don't tell me about whatever you guys decide to do, please."

Okay. Cool shit.

Bob and I begin dating. We don't make it obviously public, like facebook official. But we do hold hands, kiss, hug, in the hallways.
Jenn begins to believe we're dating. I don't care: it's true. She told me not to tell her about it.
Jenn gets pissed because I didn't tell her.

So, I make it facebook official. Now the whole world can know. Whoop-dee-do.

She makes statuses when Bob and her hang out with hearts and all that, as if they're still "talking." I don't really care. I know he feels how he does for me.

But then, I make one status saying "Happiness :)" and JUST SIMPLY AND EXACTLY THAT.
She reads it, and makes one saying the following:

"Well I'm glad that you can be happy now that I'm miserable...Bitch."

Thanks, friend.
December 5th, 2011 at 04:16am