She's...

The one person that I truly looked up to, my mentor, my sister, my teacher... The schism happened four long years ago, plus a few months... I've forgotten the exact date, on purpose.
Losing my only friends hurt too much. The ranch was my home, my Shire, and almost my Elysian Fields. Grace was my song, my little sister... But I began to lead her on a path not approved by her parents and I was exiled from the place, the people I loved most. Rebellion, teenage hormones, rage... It was too much to handle all at once and I lost my head. I tried to commit suicide again and again.
My lover, my soulmate... he saved me from my self, my knives, my ropes... This soul is still in this body for reasons only Father knows.
Time has passed, seasons danced away in that cycle that lessens everyone's pain- or brings it to a numb standstill. I've existed. I married, I wed the one that loved me enough to bear my constant inner torture, and caress my face and kiss away my tears and hold me until I stopped weeping. He's healed me with prayers and unconditional love and I am truly content with him.

Now?
She's forgiven me. She's written me- she wrote me yesterday, in fact. Oh, my dear heart... My darling, wise sister-friend Niki...
She wants to walk with me again.
This is more than I'd ever hoped for, but something that I've incessantly dreamed of, again, and again, and again.
This is a bittersweet time- I've lost two brothers, but gained a truer sister than they ever were. It's time to grow up. Time to move on whilst moving back into the relationship with her.
She's the closest thing to perfect I've ever known... I can't wait for the studies, the discussions, the correction, the guidance... and the sisterhood. Someone I can trust...
Someone I can trust.
I hope...
I know.
I think my joy will soon be complete.
~Little Wanderer
December 5th, 2011 at 05:12pm