It's nice to be cheered up every once in a while.

You could tell that I was upset today after lunch, even though I wouldn't look in your direction because I was trying not to cry. In a room full of our classmates, you were the only one who attempted to cheer me up. You came over and asked me what was the matter, and I told you nothing. You started joking that I had the “runnies” and that you had them, too. You said I should go home and drink some orange juice to get some Vitamin C and get rid of those “runnies”. Another kid said that I wasn’t sick, but I told him that I knew what you were doing and that I appreciated it. You even offered to call me out of school. You went through my book bag and snatched a pencil and I gave you the government homework to copy, or to allow you to "check it" as you like to say. You poked me in the nose with the eraser of the pencil and said that I need to keep my “chin up” and “cheer up”.

After you copied it, you suggested again that maybe I go home.

I’m home now. I’m drinking a smoothie.

I’m not sure if I’m done crying yet. I’m not having a panic attack anymore; at least I don’t think so.

I can’t really describe what I’m feeling. I just know that it feels nice to know that people care when I’m upset, especially when it feels like I have no friends. It's nice to know that I have friends that I can joke around and play fight with, but we've got each other's backs at the end of the day.

You’ll never know how much what you did today meant to me and how much I really do appreciate it. Thank you.
December 5th, 2011 at 08:41pm