Mibba cleanup? Hm. | Mostly rambling for my own benefit, but feel free to step in.

I've been thinking lately: I haven't been very active on this site for the past few months. At first I attributed it to NaNoWriMo and I just couldn't keep up with reading, updating, commenting, swapping, etc., but even now that NaNo's over I'm kind of just...blah. I still have interest in my stories but it's not the same excitement I felt when I was first writing/updating them. Though, I guess that kind of disenchantment happens to everyone at some point, right?

Anyway, I was thinking of maybe clearing out my stories and starting fresh with all-new stuff, or maybe just reuploading edited versions of stuff already written (because let's face it - nothing's every really safe from more editing). But I'm not gonna lie, the thought of deleting some of my stories...it's daunting. Pretty scary. But at the same time, I want to do it.

For example, I can't stand The Romeo Syndrome. Hate it, hate it, hate it. But I kept it here because it's the first story I wrote on Mibba that reached 10 stars. I'm a sentimental sucker, so sue me. I also still get comments on it from people who are just discovering it for the first time, and even though I can't believe I actually went ahead and wrote that story, it still cheers me up that people do enjoy it.

In the end, I can always just take a screen cap of the comments/readers/subscribers and be done with it, because I've had my finger hovering over the "delete" button for awhile now when it comes to that story (and some others).

Starting fresh in general sounds nice, actually. Maybe deleting all my stuff, changing my username, revamping my profile...not "hiding" per se, but just getting a fresh start since we're not allowed to make second accounts once we've deleted our first. It could be refreshing.

I dunno. We'll see what happens. But starting today, I might end up taking down a few of my stories.

Just so there's no panic, Life and Limb will not be deleted. That seems to be the story people are most keen for updates. But that's the only story I can say for certainty that is staying.

So yeah. Phew. Productive-sounding journal for the first time in months. This is a good sign, yes?
December 6th, 2011 at 03:54pm