I was almost killed today, Mibba. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.

I typed this already but my computer logged me out so now I have to retype everything as best as I can again :(

I've never known what it's like to see one's life flash before their eyes until today.

This afternoon I was leaving school and after I left the pathway to the building and stepped onto the crosswalk in the pouring rain, I got as close to death as I've ever been. I was walking across the crosswalk when this woman driving a mini van started pulling out of her parking spot. She started backing out slowly so I started walking faster. But then, in the blink of an eye, she accelerated rapidly and I ran on instinct. I always thought that if I ever came face to face with a speeding vehicle, that I would probably freeze on the spot and scream like a lot of people do. Luckily, my belief was wrong and I ran as fast as I could with my 20 pound schoolbag on my back. I thought I was going to make it, but then she sped up even more! I quickly realized that I wasn't going to make it and that she was going to hit me...

However, my mom was parked in the second row and was seeing this all happen. She knew she wouldn't make it to me in time so she honked the horn. I heard it andkept trying to run but the driver didn't hear it at first. Finally, with a few inches to spare, the driver slammed on the breaks and I stood still for a brief second before I ran again. I hid behind my mom's car as she got out and yelled at the lunch lady who was driving the car. My mom said that she should have been looking in her rear view mirror and that she would've killed me.

I had to go to work and I broke down crying. My mom called my school and told them what happened. They're investigating it and are going to speak to me on Friday since I'm off school tomorrow. I don't want the person to get in trouble :/ But who drives that recklessly backing out of a spot in a school parking lot!?! If she had hit me, I would've been unconcious or killed on impact, that's how fast she was going. And when my mom yelled at her she just said "Sorry!" and sped out of the parking lot! How can people be so disgusting? If she had hit me she probably would have kept going! I'm still shaken up but glad I'm still here. I think my grandmom was watching over me and kept me alive. I love you grandmom <3
December 8th, 2011 at 01:19am