Plagairism & Bullies

This is the first ever journal I have written. I have never felt the need to write one but the time has finally come when I feel the need to step in and speak up.

If someone is reported for plagiarism, it is the job of the admins to go through and decide for themselves if the allegations are truth or not.

It is NOT the 'job' of the reported writer to 'rally' their fans to insult, belittle and bully the reporting party into giving up the copyrights to their story. If they felt the need to report, it is their choice. It does not give anyone the damn right to attack them, insult them, threaten them, report them through spite, or bully them into giving up.

I can not express how sick and disgusted I feel right now after seeing the way someone on this site has been treated. If you are reported, deal with it civilly, don't have your fans go off on a witch hunt in search of blood. That is appalling behavior and those acting in such a way should be ashamed of themselves.

Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as the "wrongful appropriation," "close imitation," or "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work,

Plagiarism isn't just stealing someones idea's etc word for word. It can be as little as a reworded paragraph. If you are reported for such a thing, look at how you can work it out, how you can change the problem, perhaps it is as little as sending a message to let the other know beforehand that you're writing a story with similar idea's and wish to make it known to avoid being reported. A little credit or acknowledgement in the A/N can work wonders. It's as simple as that.

Having your mob go and scream at her through her story comments is unacceptable and it's immature. Claim the high path all you want but at the end of the day, she has done nothing wrong and you just make you and your readers look like nothing more than trolls.

Stop the damn hate guys, I'm sick of seeing people hurt because others can't keep their keyboard fury under control. No one deserves to be bullied, least of all for abiding by the rules. If you can not keep it civil, then get the hell off mibba and go join a hate group on facebook, we are here to write, not rip each other a part.

Reporting is a right on this site, bullying is not. Stop to think about your comments on someones work before you post because leaving them hurtful messages makes you the bad guy, and makes you nothing more than a sad, lonely little troll.

I say again: Stop with the hate!

And don't even bother leaving angry comments on here, I won't hesitate to report you.
December 9th, 2011 at 02:18am