One Year Today.

Dear Grandad,
It's been One whole year today since I lost you. I'm not Exaggerating when I say I think about you everyday. I miss your smiling face and I wish you were here now to Watch over my Nan, she needs someone, she needs you. I know I go and see her once a week, and I phone her at least Four times weekly but It never seems enough. I sometimes go and sit in your chair and imagine what it would be like for you to walk in the room just one more time and tell me to get out of your chair. I wanna be able to go and make you a drink again, to go and fetch your tobacco, to bring your dinner in for you (southern fried chicken, with a dessert of Vienetta Ice cream - I'll never forget.) I want to spend the evening with you watching nature documentaries and Old war movies like Gallapoli, whilst nan goes to Bingo with auntie Tracey. I want to laugh at you when Uncle Alun cuts your hair for you, I want to tell you that 'there's no point in cutting it, theres nothing there!' I want to go back to the old days. I remember when I used to pretend to be you, I used to put your hat on, and your glasses and walk around with your walking stick. I remember when I used to tell Nan where you hid your Whiskey, I remember telling you when she watered it down because I felt guilty. I remember those little sayings you used to have 'Nice to see you, to see you nice' and 'Gordon Bennet!' I also remember how arguementative you were and never wanted to be wrong. I remember correcting you all the time. I don't forget the times when I've been sad and coming to see you has brightened up my day, Your cheeky banter with nan and your old stories. I'll never forget that you were more of a Dad to me than a Grandad, I remember you buying me a bike and taking me out to the pub. I remember feeding the birds for you and cleaning the fish tank, Watering the flowers and stealing the meat from dinner. I remember all these things and I will never forget them. You gave me 99% of my Childhood memories and for that I thank you.
I Miss you Grandad, and I always will.
RIP - Colin Arthur Whitehouse.
Love Always,
Kelsey.
December 9th, 2011 at 12:05pm