Comment Swap/Exchange

Okay, I realize there are a lot of people out there just looking to get any kind of comment on their story. But let's be fair here. It helps if your comment shows you "actually read" the story.

If you're confused how to do that, it's simple. Tell them something about the story that you liked, that you didn't like, that you remember, that you thought could be better, or that confused you.

Mention character names. Give examples.

The shallow "great story/great job/nice story/I liked it" - you get the drift. It's fine if someone's just reading the story because they want too, but for comment swamps - what you're looking for is a helpful comment isn't it? So why can't you give the same in return?

Okay, that little rant is over. The story I'm looking for "feedback" on (if you don't know the true definition of that look it up) is Kiss Me Before I Die. It's a science fiction/romance I've been working on in my spare time, and really trying to edit.

What I could use as far as feedback. How do the characters feel? Real? or Interesting

How does the story flow for you? Too slow? Too much information? Too confusing?

This is feedback. If you'd like the same on your story, leave a link below for me.
You can even put questions like I did, on what you want to hear back about your story.

I will read and comment on your story after I've seen you read and comment on mine. If your comment doesn't make me feel you read the story, or didn't bother to read past the summary I will ask you to put more detail into it before commenting. If you read this journal, you know what I expect to see.

Just be as fair as you would like me to be :)
December 9th, 2011 at 09:43pm