Ouran High School Host Club (Drama Ver)

I have been watching this anime ever since GOD-KNOWS-HOW-LONG and finally this year the Action Live aired. I'm not going to rattle about the anime but the Action Live instead.

Little description of the story:

Ouran High School Host Club tells the story of 6 beautiful gentlemen who established a Host Club in Ouran Academy just to make all the women happy by their different characters: Prince, Cool, Twin-Devils, Loli-Shouta and Wild type. A new member arrived and was taken in by her Natural personality. What happens when a stranger came into their lives and into their club?

Most reviews I heard about the Action live is that "Yamamoto Yusuke" who played the prince, Tamaki Suou and "Chiba Yudai" who played the Loli-Shouta, Haninozuka Mitsukuni (Honey senpai) were a little bit awkward. I believe I have to disagree. In my personal opinion, he played the character perfectly. It was understandable why it could be awkward since the character is a beautiful aristocratic man with a childish and hyper personality, any actor will be facing the same critics.

As for "Chiba Yudai" who played Honey senpai, I have to agree. In the anime, he was this cute, adorable and hug-able character. Yudai is cute and adorable in the drama, but lack of the hug-able character, which I think is a little bit off. Throughout the drama, I anticipated and waited for that awkwardness to go away but luck wasn't on my side.

The other characters were well played and I must say it was one of the best Action Live sequel of the anime.
December 10th, 2011 at 04:54am