I'm just.... sad

So, the last show of my school's musical was last night. I was part of tech crew. As curtain calls happened, all the seniors were crying because it was their last show there, but almost everyone else was too because they're leaving and chances are, we're never going to see each other again.
I don't know if any of you have been in a tech crew like this, but it actually felt like we're family. Like we all fit in no matter how screwed up we are. And that really sucks, because as soon as we all get really close, the seniors are leaving us and the family's broken up. Yeah, there will be new people coming in next year, but it'll just be the same thing all over again with the people who are juniors now.
I'm sure it will be fun next year and the years after (I'm a freshman, still got a ways to go in school) but it won't be the same. I didn't cry until we were all backstage again, waiting to go out or go home, and I went to say goodbye.
I felt really horrible about that too, because one of the seniors who i hugged noticed before i even started, and he said something along the lines of "Are you gonna cry? Please don't, oh god, she's gonna cry-" He's just a big marshmallow of a man, that one...
One of the things that made us all stop crying for a brief moment is when one of my best guy friends and i went to kiss each other on the cheek... and we missed.
Another friend actually fell down when she heard that. It was okay though, I freaked a little, and then once he established it didn't count, we laughed. Then I was back to crying again...

I really hate crying, don't you?
December 11th, 2011 at 03:36pm