Me Learning French

Randomness about me learning French:

(Okay I just wanted to start off by saying how bored I am right now so that’s why I wrote this)
I’ve been studying French for 3 weeks now and I want to learn the language just to know it because I want to move to France.
Learning French is pretty fun for me I enjoy hearing and writing in the language. Although I am not fluent?, I went the Barnes and Noble book store and got a French language learning book called “Easy French step-by-step” by (Myrna Bell Rochester and Barbra Bregstein) it actually teaches A LOT of French and it breaks the material down so its wayyyy easier to understand I got the beginners book. Sometimes French can be a bit or wayyy confusing but I still want to learn it. I’m learning it on my own which gets pretty difficult –yeah I need “F.L.L.B” (French language learning buddies) my friends are to busy learning Spanish –which I am a beginner in- but anyways I use the website (French-flashcards.com) and the website teaches you grammar, and vocabulary and has sound files! I write the sentences and words down in my French notebook to study.

French pronunciation for an American like me is hard to master!
It’s fun to practice speaking in French but at the same time kind of hard –well at least for me. - And I’ve learned so much about the language like they have masculine and feminine speech. After I get done with French I will study the culture. I usually watch ‘house hunters international’ (a TV show about real people moving to different countries) go to HGTV.COM (To learn more about the show) and I usually watch the episodes where the people move to France. I watch them to get a good look at the houses and how much they cost.

For those of you that want to know I’m learning chinese in school –sometimes they teach us how to write in chinese mostly pinyin though) Chinese and French are two totally DIFFERENT languages chinese is straight forward and easy, no conjugation of words either. French you have to conjugate words and learn a lot of the binded words like for example:

English: I’m = I am

French: J’adore = I love

But that’s one of the many interesting parts about learning French.

That’s why I like to learn French. I originally tried Spanish but since so many people here in the United States speak it I wanted something different. But I still have been studying it just not as much as French.

My family speaks English, and don’t really care much for learning languages unless they absolutely need it. My mother wants to learn Spanish, my brother doesn’t care , and my father speaks English but he’s to busy to learn another language, so its just me.

So far in my mind French is awesome to learn!

I love to hear feedback so comments would be great, Merci! (Thanks)
December 12th, 2011 at 09:45pm