SoulMate Companion <Three of Seven>

I've found several links from one story of mine to another. If these links persist in showing up, though, it might be too unreal and lengthy for me to sew everything together.

Alright, so Koume meets Raijin and Lyssa while Ke'ra has this whole thing going on with a pack being formed. Where do they all come from? What are their stories? To write about them all would be foolish unless someone was seriously into the tale in the first place, but that doesn't stop my mind from tying knots and stitches to create a larger tapestry for this world my head lives in. What I have so far:

Raijin is one of seven bastard children to a powerful Vampire Lord. His name was never uttered in fear of his hearing it and coming to investigate, until it was lost in the sands of time. So no one knows the ancient's name and anyone who knew of his origins was slaughtered. Period, end of that story.

The origins of the three most powerful bastard children, however, lives on through the offspring themselves.

To this Vampire Lord came seven sorceresses from every corner of the universe, each unique immortal bespelled into irresistible beauty to gain his favor. He wasn't the most powerful but he was the most feared for his dark magics and ruthless offensives, with a good portion of underhanded tactics at his disposal. The names of these wenches vary from common to far-fetched in every story and never does the same woman bear the same name so no one really knows the truth. Their blood is more important in this history.

The first most elegant female came from the ancient blood and magics of the silver dragons and bore the Lord Vampire a son, naming him Souske before dying as he ate his way out of her. This child grew into the control of his powers and abilities as the second and third young were born. Souske remained in the palace for three centuries before packing to "find his fortune" elsewhere.

The second gave birth to a female that carried the blood of fire and combustion, but this was a sickly child and was quickly done away with. Third in this timeline was the son of a Star, and light radiated from his colorless eyes, which were kept covered by a thick cloth in favor of the Lord Vampire's aversion. Little did they know he had to use his eyes for comforting mortals or he'd die.. which he did, the wrinkled body of the child disintegrating into shiny dust before it fell.

Fourth to see the world was Daisuke with emerald green eyes and deep red hair, born to the veela in the most gracefully painless way possible. It is said his beauty and serenity caused her to go mad because she couldn't destroy him, and the blood granted him fame and power among mortals and immortals alike. His vampiric abilities were the strongest of all of them, as was his legendary tranquility and grace. He wound up on a planet of lust and greatly profited from modeling and dating prominent figures before buying over magazine companies across the universe to fund his traveling.

The fifth sorceress hailed from a dry land where the only sustenance was other beings or the very air itself, and she brought into existence a physically abhorrent and twisted being of voracious appetite, ensuring the planet's destruction.

Raijin's mother was the most skilled at black magics, and the one closest to the Lord Vampire's black heart as she possessed the blood of the First Darkness. His eyes shifted between light hazel and dark reddish brown with tricks of the light. This son was destined to kill his maker to activate his blood and turn his eyes silver like his mother, but he did not do so until the end of his second century when the death of his mother sparked his lengthy revenge.

The seventh child, a daughter named Alyssa, was second in beauty only to Daisuke and had no harmful blood flowing within her save the Lord Vampire's. Born to the greatest healer and being a dhampir only made her subservient, and she was put through many trials to bring out some sort of violence.. but they all failed. Extrordinary for one who was so young, she featured majorly in several battles as the people's bosom (she was the sole healer in most of the Lord Vampire's wars), but that wasn't what the Lord Vampire was looking for, and so Raijin's impossible task was set- to destroy the one true immortal.

The reason for Raijin being so important to this family is that he was the one to end the life of the Lord Vampire.

The sudden death of his mother screamed murder to the sixth bastard, who was told to end the life of the innocent Alyssa, that it would allow his blood to show it's true power. With the loss of his mother fresh in his mind, he didn't stop to remember he cared for his secret lover. Yet at her deathbed, Alyssa confessed a lie of betrayal into Raijin's tear-streaked face, the pact of secrecy his mother persuaded her into. A twisted, tangled mess of hate and power supposed to allow his mother re-entry into this life. He thought she died, yet his blade wasn't poisoned or spelled so she managed to slumber through her funeral. She ended up a Mentor to one of Itzlichcatl's priestesses, Ke'ra.

The dark knowledge of his mother's spite would haunt the young man for seven years and seven days until he confronted his father at the coronation ceremony.

The blood of Raijin would whisper his father's weaknesses while the Lord Vampire stepped down for his legitimate son, who at the time was nothing but a spoiled brat intent on doing things his way. The reign of the Lord Vampire being over, Raijin awaited the demon in his rooms, not knowing his father already knew his fate. Several heated minutes failed to instill reason in the halfling's head and in one practiced stroke of perfect accuracy, Raijin found himself holding the poisoned stake three fourths through his father's chest. Black blood seared tunnels down his arm as it passed, yet he held it still until nothing but ashes filled the black spiked armor he held upright. His true task done, his blood activated, turning his black irises silver and his tears to dark blood.

That was how the guards found him. In a fit of rage, Lord Damaskus allowed any and all forms of torture to be applied to him for one hundred fifty centuries. Where others might have caved in under the pain and committed suicide or escaped, Raijin waited patiently as his blood strengthened, lost in his mind for weeks at a time where every minute of every day he learned some new incantation or spell. He tested all of them on those he didn't like, and grew to understand his love of pain and mutilation was just another piece of him. So he thanked Damaskus for his bigotry and self-importance as he ordered this experience, and occasionally sent him gifts of delightful darkness addressed from an anonymous admirer in town. The Dark always knew what to send him to pique his curiosity. Lord Damaskus died in one of those trips by a rebel arrow, and the new Lord had no recollection of Raijin or the fact that he was alive, and so he finished the last third of his sentence in relative solace.

At the end of exactly fifteen thousand years, Daisuke received an anonymous letter penned in elegant black script and sealed with the mark of the Lord Vampire- a summons to a court that existed no more. But as wrapped up as he was in the life he now lived, Daisuke wouldn't know that.

Living deep in the abysmal sea of the Aether by now, Souske also received the same letter, but being the oldest he remembered the Lord Vampire's handwriting and thought nothing of this little note. Insistent murmurs of Darkness told him otherwise and soon despite his misgivings he relented and surfaced to see what transpired.

The town had prospered beneath Damaskus' hand despite his childish tendencies, and the upcoming parade forced the brothers to a tavern just outside the limits of town. They met by accident while ordering drinks and one look inspired curiosity and animosity in near-equal amounts. Where Daisuke had grown into his once-gangly frame and now sported a fur coat, shaded glasses and an arrangement of dark crimson spikes, the dragon brother retained his solid musculature above clean-cut and clean-shaven luxury in a three piece suit of expensive taste. Older by a century, Souske was nonetheless the shorter of the two and more modest in action and thought, more often than not speaking only when necessary and without flourishes. On the other hand, Daisuke measured 6'6 and was famous for modeling and polite small-talk (as well as his bedroom adventures).

As a condition of his release, Raijin had been given a thorough re-education of each technique that had been applied to him. So it was no wonder that when he arrived limping and gritting his teeth to stop himself from passing out, the shameless quarrel of who spilled who's drink first was squashed by his marred raised hand at the bartender. He'd walked right between them wearing an old cloth that he stole from a dead body and sat on the barstool without fear. Souske spun on his heel and was about to walk through the door when his brother's smooth voice called his mind. Daisuke went back to sitting on his barstool and nursing his drink in a pouting manner that attracted men and women alike.

The brothers managed to untangle themselves from the people using decoys and escaped to the castle. A secret room they had each discovered as children kept them safe from prying eyes and ears, and they spent the better part of a year figuring out how to heal the mess that was left of Raijin.

The first to leave was Daisuke, as he had appointments and commitments to attend in his world. As a parting gift he shattered the last vial of Alyssa's tincture on the side of Raijin's face, which healed into a knotted lightning shape. "So you'll remember my face," he teased before jumping into his portal.

Souske delayed his own trip a few more days, just to avoid suspicion from the spikes of energy used to create his and Daisuke's portals. He had no parting gift, but his last words were, "My only regret in meeting you again is not having killed the old devil myself."

As for Raijin, he slowly took over the kingdom and when the world learned of his blood they feared another Lord Vampire and conspired to end his reign. He saved the sprawling city from the barren land he caused against his enemies and cored his castle and a few surrounding buildings through a portal into Koume's world.

And so it is how they met again and brought each other up to date on the world. Their paths only occasionally cross and I might even put a chunk of their adventures in SoulMate.

*thinks murmuring* ..yeah that might be a good idea..
December 15th, 2011 at 02:06am